The McCarthy Protocols are a system of “Core Commitments” that facilitate the securing of individual commitments from each team member to a given team. These posts are a great starting point to the commitments and protocols utilized to promote great teamwork. Effective use of the “The Core” can help a team avoid time-consuming and frustrating breaches of commitment and hopefully help any given team be more effective in communicating, which will ultimately result in better software. The introductory post outlines the actual protocols and the commitments which support them. The following four posts breaks each protocol down individually, and identifies the commitments which are required to make everything work together. They are adapted from the original McCarthy Show Core Protocols found here on the official website.
- The McCarthy Show #1: Introduction
- The McCarthy Show #2: Entering and Leaving The Group
- The McCarthy Show #3: Putting Forth Your Intentions
- The McCarthy Show #4: Team Decision-making
- The McCarthy Show #5: Discovering Alignments and Conclusion
If you have any suggestions for additional topics to cover, please email me at Hello@ChrisPrunotto.com or send them to @SoundGuyChris on twitter!